Search this website:
Infosys Test Paper at SRMCEM , Lucknow - 26 March 2008
- Categorized in: Infosys
Paper Type : Whole Testpaper
Test Date : 26 March 2008
Test Location : SRMCEM , Lucknow
Hi friends….. This is SAURABH from BBDNITM, LUCKNOW…. I attended infosys on campus placement test on 19 th feb, 2008 held at SRMCEM,LUCKNOW. I would LOVE to share my experience with u & hope it would prove very valuable for u in the upcoming period
Around 700 students attended the test and out of them 62 were finally selected frommy college out of 70 who were through APTI
And due to Gods grace I was one among them.
The Selection consists of 2 Phases :-
a) Written Test
b) HR Interview
In which, written test consists of two phases:-
30 questns in 40 minutes..
5 questns about arithmetical reasoning
5 questns on series completion (figure)
5 questns on puzzle test
5 questns on data interpretation (graphs)
2) Replace an underlined sentence with another one which is of the same meaning from the given 4 alternatives.
3) Fill in the blank with correct alternative. (REFER ANY GRAMMAR BOOK HAVING TENSES )
4) Deriving conclusion from small passages.
5 questns on data sufficiency…….. and rst I dnt remember as I am writing it after around 10 days of the test..but anwz aptitude section wz easy….jst R.S. Aggrwal is very much sufficient for written test I can say R.S.Aggarwal is sufficient for all companies written test. JUS GO THROUGH IT. IT'S REALLY HELPFUL.
2) Verbal Reasoning (English) :-
While answering questns u hav to keep the time in mind.... bcoz time management plays major role in these type of papers IN verbal section ur english knowledge is checked.
1) Two RC’s, a very big one and time consuming so attempt them at the end .(refer BARONS GRE )
5) Select the correct statement from the set of 4 statements. One is correct and some r with little grammatical mistake. .(REFER ANY GRAMMAR BOOK HAVING TENSES ) After Completion Of paper, Result is declared after 2hrs....and my name is in the list.
AS there were a no of students so i have to wait a lot.firstly the students of srmcem were called after that MPEC , then after NIEC and at last BBDNITM. AT 10.00 pm i was waiting 4 my turn, a guy was forwarding the form and the apti ans sheet of each student to the interviewer.l asked that guy about the nos scored in apti but he told me that he can't.but he indicated that ur apti went good. At 10.10 pm i entered into the room. The interviewer was an old man of my fathers age. The first ques was are you still awake i responded positively. then he asked me to guess the no of correct ques. attempted by me.I guessed 50 to 60% .dont be over confident.I think my nos must be good enough to be asked and this must be the reason for unconventional interview. He first asked me to explain what is software? to a general person. i explained .Bieng confident and fluent is key to success.Wit also matters although PI is general Still to ensure place ment take care.Puzzles will be asked ,to help you guys i m contributing some puzzles. and ques. And at last loads of thanx to freshersworld without it's help it would be really difficult. THANX FRESHERSWORLD.
Some basic puzzles like
1. You are given two candles of equal size, which can burn 1hour each. You have to measure 90 minutes with these candles.(There is no scale or clock). Also u r given a lighter.
Ans: 1. First light up the two ends of the 1st candle. When it will burn out light up one end of the second candle. (30+60=90)
2. Try the similar problem to measure 45 minutes.
Ans: First light-up the two ends of the 1st candle and one end of the 2nd candle. When the 1st candle will burn out ,then light up the both ends of the 2nd candle (15+30=45)
3. You r given a thermometer. What can u do by this without measuring the temperature?
Ans: if u put thermometer into a tree it won’t grow anymore,will just die off
4. How it is possible to place four points that are equidistance from each other? OR U r a landscape designer and your boss asked u to design a landscape such that you should place 4 trees equidistance from each other. (Distance from each tree to the other must be same)
Ans: Only 3 points can be equidistant from each other. But if u place points in the shape of a pyramid then its possible
5. You are given a cake; one of its corner is broken. How will u cut the rest into Two equal parts?
Ans: Slice the cake
6. How will you recognize the magnet & magnetic material & non-magnetic material?
Ans: Drag one piece of material over another. There is no attractive force in the middle portion of the magnet. OR Get a piece of thread and tie up with the one bar and check for poles. If it iron bar then it moves freely and if it is magnetic bar then it fix in one direction according to poles.
7. If one tyre of a car suddenly gets stolen.... and after sometime u find the tyre without the screws how will u make ur journey complete
Ans: Open 3 screws, 1 from each tyre and fix the tyre.
8. How can u measure a room height using a thermometer?
Ans: temp varies with height. but its dependent on various other factors like humidity, wind etc.
9 What is the height of room if after entering the room with a watch ur head strikes a hanging bulb?
Ans: Oscillate the hanging bulb. Calculate the time period for one complete oscillation by Simple Harmonic Motion (SHM) of the handing bulb. Put it in the formula T=2 * 3.14 * (L/G)^1/2 L will be the length of the hanging thread. Add the L with ur height to get the height of the room.
10. Color of bear.... if it falls from 1m height in 1s.
Ans: We get 'g' perfect 10 which is only in poles...hence polar bear...color White
11. How will you measure height of building when you are at the top of the building? And if you have stone with you.
Ans: Drop the stone and find the time taken for the stone to reach the ground. find height using the formula s = gt*t/2 ( s = height, a= initial velocity=0, g=9.8m/s, t = time taken)
12. How wud u catch and receive a ball in same direction? (Dropping is from north and receiving from bottom not accepted, as it is 2 directions)
13. 25 statements given. Some tell truth, some false and some alternators. Find out the true statements.
14. Can u make 120 with 5 zeros?
Ans: Factorial (factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)+factorial (0)) = 120
15.There are three people A, B, C. Liars are of same type and Truth speaking people are of same type. Find out who is speaking truth and who is speaking false from the following statements:
a) A says: B is a liar.
b) B says: A and C are of same type.
Ans: lets assume A is speaking truth. It means B is a liar then it means A and C are not of same type.
16.5 swimmers A, B, C, E, F and many conditions of their positions like there are Two b/w A & F, B doesn't win etc the question was to find who was b/w like E & D?
17. in a race u drove 1st lap with 40kmph and in the second lap at what speed u must drive so that ur average speed must be 80kmph.
18. You have to draw 3 concentric circles with a line passing thru their center without lifting hand.
Ans: Start the line complete one circle move inside circles along the line and then draw second circle. Like wise rest.
19. A rectangular paper is there. At a corner a rectangular size paper is taken from it. Now you have to cut the remaining paper into two equal halves.
Ans: try it on the paper. You must fold the part that has complete paper and select Half of it and then fold the part that cut and selects half of it and then cut along the folding.
20. Value of (x-a)(x-b)………..(x-z)
21. There are 9 coins. 8 are of 1 gm and 1 is of 2 grams. How will you find out the heavier coin in minimum number of weighing and how many weighing it will need?
Ans: 2 weighing ( Divide the number of coins into 3 parts at each weighing)
AN APTI OF COURSE FROM RESHERS WORLD TO RELIEVE U FROM SEARCHING
On a rolling 6 dice,it is found that
1.Three of dice show the same number
2.Only one die shows 6
3.Not more than 3 dice show 4 or more.
1. What is the maximum possible total numbers on the faces, if the three dice having same number show 2?
A) 14 B) 22 C) 11 D) 9
2. Wt is the max total if 4 of the dice show less than 4?
A) 28 B) 31 C) 17 D) 22
3.Wt would be the max total if 3 dice are faulty and have only 5 on all faces?
A)30 B)25 C) 34 D) Not possible
4.If only 1 die shows 1, wt is the max number of dice with number greater than 4?
A) 3 B) 1 C) 2 D) Cant be determined
5. Wt is the max number that can be on the face of the 3 dice which shows the same number?
A) 2 B) 4 C) 3 D) 5
6---10)) Figure Series--- Refer RS Agarwal Reasoning 11-15))
1.If the que can be answered by using one of the stmt alone, but cannot be answered using the other stmt alone.
2. If the que can be answered by using either stmt alone.
3.If the que can be answered by using both stmst together,but cannot be answered using either stmt alone.
4.If the que cannot be answered even by using both stmts together.
11.A,B,C,D and E are sitting around a table on five chairs which r numbered 1,2,3,4, and 5.The highest aged person sits on the highest numbered chair and the least aged person sits on the lowest numbered chair.If their ages are in A.P,find the age of C.
1. D is the oldest with the age 52 and he is sitting on chair 5.
2. The Common difference in the AP is 2 and C is sitting on chair 3.
12. A Person is called tall if his height is greater than or equal to 6ft.How many of the five persons:A,B,C,D,E---are tall?
1.True: One of the five persons height is 5ft.9 inches and at least three of them posses the height greater than 6ft.
2.False: At least two of them hve their height less than 6ft.
13.Sukanta,Basisth,Stuti,Shikha,Mandar and Ritu are sitting around a circular table. Sukanta,Basisth and mandar are males while the rest are females.Who are the neighbours of Sukanta??
1.Stuti does not want any mals as her neighbour and shikha does not want to sit along the side of sukanta.
2.Mandar does not want any female as his neighbour and wants to sit to the left of Basisth.
14.CAP,SIP,TAP,IPS,ECS are the top five coaching institutes in India.Which one is the oldest?
1.CAP is older than SIP and TAP but not older than IPS.
2.ECS is older than SIP and TAP but not older than CAP.
15. A,B,C,D,E visit five different cities—P,Q,R,S,T,Though not necessarily in the same order.A does not go to P,B does not visit Q, and so on. Which city is visited by D?
1.A and C visit the cities Q and S respectively,while B does not visit City T
2.D will visit either R or T.
16.ELECTRICITY CONSUMPTION SECTOR-WISE
Note: Total Electricity Consumption =per capita Consumption*Population;bn-Billion, mn-million.
16. Industrial consumtion of power doubled from 1980-81 to 1993-94. By how much percentage did the total power consumption grow from 1980-81 to 1993-94.
1. 45% 2. 150% 3. 190% 4.Cant be determined
17. If in 1993-94, a total of 246.2 billionkwh of power was consumed,howmuch power was consumed by the agricultural sector? 1. 72,500 mn kwh 2.73,860mn kwh 3.738bn kwh 4.75 bn kwh
18.Per capita consumption of power in the country has increased from 100 kwh in 1980-81 to 283 kwh in 1993-94,whereas the population increased from 64 crore to 87 crore.By how much % did the consumption of the Agricultural sector increase from 1980-81 to 1993-94(approx)?
1. 500% 2. 540% 3.600% 4. 700%
19. If a total of 357.8 bn kwh of electricity was generated in1993-93 and 246.2 on kwh was consumed,how many sectorsconsumeption was higher than the losses in distribution of electricity(losses in distribution =electricity generated-electricity consumed)?
1. 0 2. 1 3. 2 4. 3
20. In how many sectors did the consumption in terms of % of total consumption has increased from 1980-81 to 1993-94?
1. 1 2. 2 3. 3 4. 4
21—25)) Amit,Avinash,Gobind,Pramod and Ashok are five students of delhi university.They belong to five different states,i.e, UP,TamilNadu,Maharashtra,Haryana and Gujarat But not in the same order.Fortunately,they get appointment letters and are posted in these five states.But none of them is posted in his home state.Ever 2 persons are associated with at least three states.Each person likes a different folk dance, i.e,Tippani, Gagor, Kavadi, Dahikala and Jhora.
1.One who lives in maharashtra does not like gagor and one who is posted in UP likes nither Gagor nor Dahikala.
2.One who is posted in TamilNadu likes Jhora while Gobind likes Kavadi.
3.Amit’s home state is haryana while he is posted in Gujarat .
4.Avinash and Gobind are not associated with UP.
5.Ashok,Gobind and pramod are posted in home states of pramod,Avinash and Gobind respectively.
21. One who likes Kavadi is posted in
a) Haryana b) Maharashtra c)Tamilnadu d)Noneofthese
22.One who is posted in UP likes
a)Gagor b)Dahikala c) Tippani d) Kavadi
23.Avinash is posted in the home state of
a) Amit b)Gobind c)Pramod d) Noneofthese
24.Which of the following pairs is not associated with 4 states?
1. Ashok—Avinash 2.Pramod---Avinash
25.Which of the following stmts is correct?
1.Amit’s home state is haryana and he is posted in TamilNadu
2.Gobind likes Dahikala, a folk dance of Maharashtra .
3.Pramod’s home state is UP; he likes either Jhora or Tippani; and he is posted in Gujarat
4.None of these
26---30)) In each question, a set of six stmts is given,followed bye four answer choices.Each of the answer choices has a combination of three stmts from the given set of six stmts.you are required to identify the answer choices in which the stmts are logically related.
26) A. All cats are goats
B.All Goats are dogs.
C.No goats are cows
D.No goats are dogs
E.All Cows are dogs
F.All dogs are cows
1. FAB 2. ABE 3.AFB 4.ABF
27) A.Some lids are nibs
B.All hooks are lids.
C.All hooks are nibs
D.No lid is a nib
E.No lid is a hook
F.No nib is hook
1.EFD 2. BCA 3.DEA 4.CDA
28) A. All MBA’s are logical
B. Sudir is rational.
C. Sudhir is a logical MBA
D.Sudhir is a man
E.Some men are MBA’s
F.All men are rational.
1. DEC 2. EAF 3. BCF 4.FDB
29)A.Competitive examinations are tough to pass.
B.Thre is heavy competition in any field.
C.No student can pass MAT
D.Very few students can pass MAT.
E.MAT is a competitive examination
F MAT is tough to pass
1. AEF 2.ABC 3.DFB 4.CDE
30) A. All Pens are knives
B. All knives are spoons
C. No knives are pens
D.No knives are spoons.
E.All pens are spoons.
F. All spoons are pens.
1. ABE 2. ABF 3. AFE 4. DBE
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this article to a friend: