Search this website:
- Categorized in: TESTING TOOLS
- All aspects of remain functional after testing.
- Change in one segment does not change the functionality of other segment.
- Determine System documents remain current
- Determine System test data and test conditions remain current
- Determine Previously tested system functions properly without getting effected though changes are made in some other segment of system.
How to Use
- Test cases, which were used previously for the already tested segment is, re-run to ensure that the results of the segment tested currently and the results of same segment tested earlier are same.
- Test automation is needed to carry out the test transactions (test condition execution) else the process is very time consuming and tedious.
- In this case of testing cost/benefit should be carefully evaluated else the efforts spend on testing would be more and payback would be minimum.
When to Use
- When there is high risk that the new changes may effect the unchanged areas of application system.
- In development process: Regression testing should be carried out after the pre-determined changes are incorporated in the application system.
- In Maintenance phase : regression testing should be carried out if there is a high risk that loss may occur when the changes are made to the system
- Re-running of previously conducted tests to ensure that the unchanged portion of system functions properly.
- Reviewing previously prepared system documents (manuals) to ensure that they do not get effected after changes are made to the application system.
- Time consuming and tedious if test automation not done
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this article to a friend: