Search this website:
What Goes into an Effective Résumé?
- Categorized in: Resume Tips
Name, address, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number with area code, and e-mail address.
All college, university, and professional school information, including
- Degree awarded
- Name of institution, city, and state
- Major, minor, area of concentration
- Graduation date (month and year)Experience, including
- Title of position
- Name of employer (company or organization)
- City and state of employer
- Beginning and ending dates of employment (month and year)
- Accomplishment statements beginning with action verbs. Quantify your experience with facts and figures wherever possible. Depending upon your background, you may also include the following:
- Career objective indicating the level or type of position you are seeking, the type of organization you want to work for, and the skills you want to use in the position.
- G.P.A. if it is 3.0 or higher, including the grading scale: for example, "3.9/4.0."
- College courses if they are relevant to the position.
- Honors, Awards, Scholarships, Fellowships
- Licenses and Certificates
- Publications, Presentations, and Research
- Memberships and Activities
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this article to a friend: